Should you choose 5050, 3528, 3020, 3014, or some other size I have never heard about?
The size of the chip and how many chips you will need depend upon the use for which the LED strips are going to be used. We recommend doing an overview of your project and asking some main questions.
Start by deciding what you want/need the lighting for.
- Do you want accent lighting, principal task lighting, color changing, lighting a display case, outdoor, etc?
- Dimmable or non dimmable?
- Which color do you want?
- Do you require very high CRI?
- What brightness is needed?
When purchasing LEDs, please pay attention and compare the following:
- Look how many LEDs are on the reel or per foot and the total lumen (brightness) of the LED strip light
- Pay attention to the CRI (Color Rendering Index) - Our CRIs range between 80 - 95.
- How many watts does the strip use?
- Are the UL or ETL safety listed?
- Are they dimmable?
- How many ounces of copper do they use in their PCB to dissipate the heat? (we use 2-4oz)