Test driving the home or business before buying.
We developed this program to test drive real estate property's such as a home or business before purchasing it.
No other inspection company provide's this service that we are aware of. They are not certified and do not have the knowledge or tools to do so. This program was designed for luxury homes,real estate investors and business owners.We believe this program will help both the seller and buyer. Along with the our professional inspection process we also include test driving the home or business. This means under normal load conditions we test and collect data from electrical, HVAC, duct system, air flow, temperatures, lighting, motors, compressors, gas fired appliances. Under these conditions we will have greater details on how the property operates.
Normal or standard inspections do not tell the whole story and are non invasive. The test drive before you buy is a invasive proceedure. We are confident the seller and buyer will appreciate this program and additional information.
With all appliances on, HVAC on, lights on, exhaust fans on, cloths dryer on, hot water heater, pumps, etc.
We measure the pressures in the home with a manometer "pressure meter" to review the pressures. We use a combustion analyzer to evaluate all gas appliances for efficiency and flue drafts, we pull the electrical panel off to inspect wiring for over heating and collect amp draws. We pull the service covers off HVAC equipment and measure the amp draw on compressor and motors, we record the supply duct air flow and temperatures, and measure the return air flow. What does all this do for you?
This type of evaluation may discover high negative pressures within the condition space. It may discover disconnected ductwork or leakier ducts,
- Negative pressures WILL cause CO spillage into the home or fire places back drafting.
- There should be a 21 degree difference in the HVAC duct supply and return from outdoor temperatures. If amp readings on the HVAC compressor is high, that is an indication the compressor may fail. If the temperature differentials are to low it is an indication the coils are dirty or low on refrigerant. In some cases we discover the duct system is under sized.
- We may discover hot or cold areas of the home due to improper air balancing or broken thermal & air barriers. We use a thermal imaging camera to discover air leakage around windows or penetrations in the air barriers. Broken air barriers lead to moisture infiltration which leads to mold.
- When we measure air flow we are able to reveal poor air flow to each room. Unbalanced system will cause higher energy usage and be related to hot or cold areas.
- If the home has a spa or swimming pool we are able to test the pumps and amps used. High amp draw is an indication of the pump working to hard and increases electric bill.
Yes, this type of testing and measurements take extra time and equipment. However this will provide much more information about that home and additional money you may have to spend for upgrades. It may also conclude that the home or business is in great condition.
Commercial Drive Test Before Buying
For those retail locations that have HVAC-R equipment. Reach-in and walk-in coolers temperature is everything. Most of the time we discover dirty coils and the compressors over heating. Leakier door seals, burned out bulbs. The duct system has been designed incorrectly or has major leaks. So we place the building under load and create a list of testing & measurments.
- Faulty wiring in the ceiling tiles are very common.
- Roofs that need maintenance or replaced
- Heat loads that have not been addressed
- Poor quality camera systems
- Alarm systems and fire systems that need maintenance, or incorrect placement of cameras
- Leaky faucets, faulty equipment
- Over loaded electrical panels
- Interior and exterior lighting issues
- HVAC equipment in poor condition
- Structural damage
- Commercial gas fired appliances
- Commercial exhaust hoods
- Ventilation or make up air
- Plumbing, dishwashers, HWH-Hot Water Heaters
- One of the most common issues we find is above the ceiling tiles. Usually faulty wiring. In restaurant kitchens we general find grease caked on to the tiles or ceiling. Fire hazards.